The Crestock website will be unavailable from 3:00 to 4:00 PM (15:00 to 16:00) Eastern Time on Thursday May 16th 2013 due to server updates.
During this time it will not be possible to access www.crestock.com. Service is expected to resume by 4 PM. Updates and bulletins will be posted here if needed.
We apologize to our clients and visitors for this inconvenience. As always, assistance and information will be available through firstname.lastname@example.org.
Crestock contributors, please note! We have deployed improvements to the Image Upload system which will help streamline the ingestion of files and prevent error messages.
The technical requirements for uploads remain the same, however image processing will now run in the background after you click the “Process new files” button. This frees up site resources, allowing you to visit other pages or work on earlier uploads while image processing works behind the scenes. You no longer have to wait on one screen while each image is being processed.
After processing is complete, you will receive an email notification listing the files and their status. Valid uploads will appear in the Describe or Review & Submit sections for checking and submission to the Evaluation queue.
Any files with errors will be listed on the summary email for quick reference. More information on error messages can be found in our updated Troubleshooting guide.
The appearance of the Upload page has not changed; there is simply one more time-saving step in the upload process. For a detailed look at Uploading, please visit the Image Uploading Guide.
We welcome questions and comments! Please contact us at email@example.com if you require support or would like to give feedback.
A special note for Crestock contributors who use Skrill (Moneybookers)
In response to your feedback, we have made a change to the Crestock payout system which will make the request process easier for all Skrill (Moneybookers) users.
You can now request both PayPal and Skrill (Moneybookers) payouts through your account.
In the past, it was possible to request payouts via PayPal through the system, however Skrill (Moneybookers) account holders needed to email requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Emails are no longer required. Contributors using Skrill (Moneybookers) can now choose this option directly on the “Payouts” page under “My Account”. Here’s how the options will appear:
How it works:
1. Once your account balance has reached $50 or more, if you wish to request a payment, go to My Account and click Payouts.
2. Choose the method of payment: PayPal or Skrill (Moneybookers).
3. Enter the email address associated with your account of choice.
4. Enter the amount. Note: please enter an even dollar value (no decimals).
5. Click Ok. The request will be saved within the system and processed as part of one of our payout batches, on the 1st or 15th of each month.
Please submit each request only once. If you need any changes made to a request, please email us at email@example.com.
Additional information has been added to the Payouts page, including details about timing of payouts. For more information about how our royalty payments work, please see section 13.2 of the Artist Image Upload Agreement.
As always, please email firstname.lastname@example.org if there are any questions or concerns!
Early in 2013, we will be introducing a new and more efficient upload system. Stay tuned for more information in January!
The holidays approach… plans are set, stores are shopped and gifts are gathered! We have some holiday plans at Crestock too. Here’s a quick run-down of news and announcements for the month of December.
Update 1/7/2013: the Upload system has now been reopened. Thanks for your patience!
Upload system hiatus for the holidays
The Crestock image upload system will be temporarily suspended from 12 noon ET on December 21st 2012 until 12 noon ET on January 7th 2013.
This will not affect buyers who are purchasing or downloading images. During this time it will not be possible for contributors to upload new images or connect to our FTP server for file transfers. Images which are processed before the December 21st cutoff can still be edited and submitted via contributor tools on the site, however. We hope our contributors and editors will enjoy the break.
Some important notes for contributors:
- The cutoff will begin at 12 noon Eastern (Toronto) Time on Friday December 21 2012. Uploading will resume at 12 noon Eastern Time on Monday January 7 2013. Advance notice has also been posted on each contributors’ Upload Images page.
- Images which are being processed at the moment the cutoff takes effect may be truncated. We will check for and remove any such incomplete files in order to prevent errors.
- Images which were uploaded to the FTP server before the cutoff date will remain safe on the server for later processing.
- Our existing policy of deleting unprocessed uploads older than 60 days will be altered to take this uploading hiatus into account. Instead of 60 days, contributors will have 90 days to process any images which were uploaded between October 21st and December 21st.)
In case your holiday plans include a spot of freelance work or last minute image shopping, please be aware that Crestock HQ will be closed on certain dates. Our hours for December 2012 and January 2013 will be as follows:
December 1-21, 2012 – Regular hours (9AM – 5PM ET, Monday through Friday)
Monday December 24, 2012 – Office closed
Tuesday December 25, 2012 – Office closed
Wednesday December 26, 2012 – Open 9AM – 5PM ET *Support by email only on this date*
Thursday December 27, 2012 – Open 9AM – 5PM ET
Friday December 28, 2012 – Open 9AM – 5PM ET
Monday December 31, 2012 – Office closed
Tuesday January 1, 2013 – Office closed
Wednesday January 2, 2013 – Regular hours resume.
We will respond to all support requests recieved on closed dates the following business day.
We would like to thank all of our clients and contributors for their support and feedback. This has been a year of growth and learning for Crestock. We have more big projects and site improvements in store for 2013.
Until then, best wishes for a safe and happy holiday season from all of us on the Crestock Team!
Introducing Crestock’s bright new thumbnail size.
Last week the Crestock team undertook a major update to enhance the appearance of images on the site. We are pleased to announce a new thumbnail image size.
While the change itself is simple, and most areas of the site retain the same layouts for ease of use, the difference a few more pixels can make to the browsing experience is stunning. Images are brighter and sharper. Buyers can see more detail at a glance, which makes locating the perfect image faster. Artist portfolios pop. Everybody looks good.
Crestock is now offering Extended License options at a flat rate of $50 per license, per image!
With individual images starting as low as $1, you already get great value from Crestock’s two image collections. We now offer discounted Extended Licenses in several different categories to address various business needs:
Consumer Merchandise – Allows for image placement on products or product packaging intended for commercial resale or redistribution. Some examples include: mugs, mouse pads, t-shirts and other apparel, toys; greeting cards, stationary, calendars, stickers, posters, artwork and similar paper products.
Electronic Templates – Includes permission to resell or distribute the image as part of an electronic template, such as an e-greeting card, Powerpoint slideshow template, or software deployment package.
Unlimited Print Run – Our Standard License limits the quantity of reproductions to less than 500,000. This Extended License has no limit.
Multi-Seat – Enables multiple people within the same company to use an image, share it across the company network, or store copies on several company computers.
Two different editorial extended license options are available for images from the Celebrity Collection:
Cover Use– Allows the use of images on the cover of a book or magazine, or the front page of a newspaper.
Unlimited Print Run – Our Standard License limits the quantity of reproductions to less than 250,000. This Extended License has no limit.
Good To Know…
- Extended Licenses can be added to the Standard License at any time. Simply send your request via email to email@example.com to start the process.
- All images licensed from Crestock are eligible for Extended License coverage, whether purchased individually, paid for with credits, or downloaded with a subscription.
- Extended Licenses can be combined. For example, a Cover Use and an Unlimited Print Run license can be added to an image from the Celebrity collection for a combined fee of $100 (plus Standard License cost).
- For detailed licensing terms, please visit http://www.crestock.com/legal/image-license-agreement.aspx (Creative Collection) or http://www.crestock.com/legal/image-license-agreement-editorial.aspx (Celebrity Collection).
- Please note that neither the Standard nor Extended Licensing options allow the use of any image as a logo or trademark. In addition, Celebrity images cannot be used to directly or indirectly promote a product, service or merchandise. Use of Celebrity images in advertising or commercials, on packaging, album covers, or in electronic templates is not permitted.
Need an extended license or more information on what our images can be used for? Contact us or email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Like what you’re seeing at Crestock? Join our Affiliate Program today.
Share Crestock using your email signature, social networks like Twitter and Facebook or on your own blog with pre-generated links, buttons and banners – and get paid for it!
Easily track what you’re earning with your own online dashboard – right on the Crestock site.
Refer customers and you’ll get a 25% commission on all their purchases for the first 6 months of their membership.
Referring a photographer or illustrator will net you a 10% commission on any royalties they earn for the first 6 months. (It won’t reduce the amount we pay to the artist.)